SmoothLase – Leawood, KS
Fight the Signs of Aging without Surgery
It is normal for skin to lose its firmness and smoothness as the years march by. Often, this issue is most noticeable around the lips, neck, and chin. While high-quality skincare products may be able to turn back the clock to an extent, their effectiveness usually falls short of what is desired. Another option is surgery, but that route is more invasive than what many people would prefer. Is there a middle ground? Yes. You may be a candidate for SmoothLase in Leawood. This innovative laser treatment can make you look years younger with minimal side effects.
What Is SmoothLase?
Often, loose skin is due to the gradual loss of collagen, a structural protein that plays a significant role in the appearance of skin. SmoothLase uses the power of light laser therapy, administered in the mouth, to stimulate your body’s own collagen-producing mechanisms. This remarkable treatment can thereby lift, tone, and tighten skin around the lips, chin, and neck.
Some noteworthy benefits of SmoothLase include:
- It is FDA-approved.
- Its results can look similar to those produced by dermal fillers, but unlike fillers, SmoothLase is a completely needle-free treatment.
- It can significantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines around the mouth.
- It improves the elasticity of tissues and promotes moisture retention in skin.
- The results are subtle and gradually — you can expect people to notice your beautiful appearance, rather than focusing on the fact that you “had some work done.”
- There is no downtime required after a SmoothLase session.
- The procedure is fast and does not introduce foreign substances into your body.
- You will not experience bruising or surgical scars.
How Does SmoothLase Work?
The number of SmoothLase sessions that you will need depends primarily on your age. Generally speaking, we recommend one treatment per decade of life. For example, a 50-year-old may need to attend five sessions to see optimal results.
Each treatment takes between 30 and 45 minutes. They are usually spaced about three weeks apart, which allows new collagen time to develop. After your last treatment, your body will continue to produce new collagen for about one month.
How Long Do the Results Last?
Once you complete your first course of treatment, it is recommended that you come in for a booster session every 6 – 12 months. Exactly how often you will need boosters depends on various factors that can influence how quickly you lose collagen.
Below, you will find some things that can promote collagen breakdown. You should try to avoid them to the extent possible in order to extend the results of your SmoothLase treatment.
- UV radiation (excessive sun exposure and tanning beds should both be avoided)
- Smoking and other forms of tobacco
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Prescription drugs that have a dehydrating effect (you may need to ask your doctor about potential alternatives)
- A poor diet that is lacking in essential nutrients
Are you interested in learning more about SmoothLase? Our team is ready to answer your questions. Get in touch with us today.