Lenexa BlueCross BlueShield Dental Insurance
If you invest in dental insurance coverage for your family, your skilled Lenexa dentist, Dennis C. Ayer, DDS, and his team want to help you maximize your benefits. Our team works with dental benefit plans on a daily basis, so we understand how to process and file claims for covered treatments to minimize your out of pocket costs. In addition to our knowledge of dental insurance policies and claims forms, we also offer in-network coverage for many popular plans, including BlueCross BlueShield. If you have a PPO dental insurance plan with BlueCross BlueShield or any other provider, let our team know when you call to schedule your first appointment. We’ll start planning to assist you with your dental insurance needs starting with the very first appointment.
What Treatments are Covered by Dental Insurance?
Many patients don’t know how much variation in coverage dental benefits plans have, but every policy represents a unique agreement between the patient, insurer, and/or an employer. That means that you and your coworkers may have different coverage based on elections you make and plans you choose from the same insurer. Our knowledgeable team members will be happy to review your specific policy and help you better understand what treatments are covered. We also take the time before beginning any treatment to carefully explain what services will be covered and what your expected out of pocket cost will be. If you need a more advanced dental procedure, we may recommend waiting to begin treatment planning until we can request preapproval or authorization of benefits from the insurer. This ensures you won’t have any unpleasant financial surprises throughout the course of your dental treatment. For those patients with insurance through BlueCross BlueShield, you can typically expect to receive coverage for the following services:
- Preventive dentistry treatments like checkups, teeth cleanings, dental sealants, x-rays, and other services to keep smiles healthy
- Restorative dentistry services like fillings, crowns, and replacement teeth including dentures
- Orthodontic treatment (typically needs to be elected) may include traditional braces and clear aligners
- Miscellaneous dentistry services, including custom mouthguards, dental sedation, and other services, may be covered by some plans
How Can I Maximize My Insurance Benefits?
The easiest way to maximize your dental benefits form any insurance plan is to keep up with your six month dental checkups. During these regular appointments, we examine your smile for warning signs of oral health concerns and provide early diagnosis and treatment planning. This will allow you to avoid the need for more advanced treatments that receive a lower percentage of dental insurance coverage.
Do I Have to Visit an In-Network Dentist?
One of the benefits of a PPO dental insurance policy is the flexibility to visit any dentist’s office. However, when you visit an in-network dentist, you can expect a number of benefits, including:
- The dental team will be familiar with policy limitations, covered treatments, and annual maximums.
- The dental office will have an existing relationship with your insurance providers, so you should receive authorizations and preapprovals faster.
- The dentist’s fees will be within the covered pricing set by your insurer, which will minimize your out of pocket treatment costs.