Aetna Dental Insurance in Leawood, KS
Getting dental insurance is a wonderful way to invest in your oral health. People who have this resource are more likely to engage in the routine preventive care that preserves healthy, complete smiles for a lifetime. Dr. Dennis Ayer is pleased to be in-network with a number of insurance plans, including Aetna — keep reading to learn more about how visiting an Aetna dentist can make using dental insurance a breeze!
What Does It Mean to Be an Aetna Dentist?
An in-network dentist is one who has signed a contract to provide certain dental services at a reduced, fixed rate for members. This means you will not owe anything extra out-of-pocket when you visit your Aetna dentist in Leawood. Simply pay the amount due at the time of your appointment (more on coverage below) and be on your way! It’s very easy to take advantage of Aetna benefits when you see an in-network dentist.
What Are the Benefits of Visiting an In-Network Dentist?
- You will save money right off the bat without having to worry about paying extra out of pocket and filing for a reimbursement later.
- You can receive significant discounts on the treatments you and your loved ones need to enjoy lasting oral health and beautiful smiles.
- Our team of experts stays abreast of changes with Aetna plans to keep you informed of anything you may need to know.
- We will take care of all the paperwork related to your dental insurance.
What Does My Aetna Dental Insurance Plan Cover?
When you visit our office with Aetna insurance, we will perform a verification of benefits to help you understand exactly what you are eligible for. This is when we call Aetna directly to inquire about your copayment, deductible, annual maximum, and other important details. We can help you use this information to guide the timing of your dental care.
The specific details of an Aetna plan will vary based on certain choices you make at the time of enrollment, but in general you can expect coverage to look like this:
- Preventive treatments are 100% covered, including two checkups and cleanings per year with an annual set of X-rays.
- Restorative treatments are covered from 50% to 80%, depending on the complexity of the treatment being performed.
- Cosmetic procedures and other elective treatments are usually not eligible for coverage with dental insurance.
- Orthodontics, including Invisalign, may receive partial coverage.
- Dental implants are typically still not covered by dental insurance, despite being well-known as the best option in tooth replacement.
Note: while we always work to help you cash in on your dental insurance benefits, we strongly recommend making decisions based on what is best for your oral health, rather than what is covered by your plan.
Get Started Saving Today!
If you and your family are covered by an Aetna dental insurance plan, the first step to making the most out of this investment is by visiting an in-network dentist — and that’s Dr. Dennis Ayer! He’s the Aetna dental provider Leawood trusts. To get started saving, we invite you to schedule an appointment online today!