Porcelain Veneers – Leawood, KS
Perfecting Leawood Smiles
If you are not 100 percent satisfied with the appearance of your smile, your cosmetic dentist in Leawood offers a solution. Porcelain veneers transform the appearance of chipped, uneven, discolored, misshapen, or otherwise imperfect front teeth.
Porcelain veneers are thin shells made of dental porcelain. It’s a material that looks and feels just like your natural tooth enamel. Veneers are also highly customizable to give you the precise look you are going for. Not everyone wants a super bright, Hollywood smile, after all. Porcelain veneers are manufactured just for you, in the size, shape, and color you desire.
Most patients are eligible candidates for porcelain veneers. They are securely affixed onto the front side of the teeth that show when you smile -- and when cared for properly, porcelain veneers can last for more than a decade.
Why Choose Dr. Dennis Ayer for Porcelain Veneers?
- Comprehensively Correct Smile Flaws In As Little As 2 Appointments
- Free Cosmetic Consultations
- Personalized Smile Makeover Plans – No “One Size Fits All” Treatments
Procedure for Porcelain Veneers
Once you decide that porcelain veneers are the best option for repairing or enhancing your front teeth, you can expect the procedure to be completed in two to three appointments with Dr. Ayer.
In the first visit, you and your dentist will discuss your teeth. What factors led them to look the way they do today? And what are your overall smile goals? With this information, Dr. Ayer will put together a treatment plan suited just for you. He’ll add the specifics about your smile from the impressions and x-rays he takes after preparing your teeth for the veneers.
Tooth preparation in advance of veneers requires the removal of a small amount of enamel from the surface of each tooth. Just a few millimeters of space is often enough to make room for the new veneers. Local anesthesia is available for your comfort.
You wear temporary veneers to cover up the prepared teeth in the time between appointments. Your permanent veneers are manufactured by an expert ceramist and then shipped back to our office.
Once the veneers have arrived, you will come back for a final quality check. Dr. Ayer will remove your temporary veneers and give you the first preview of your new smile. If everything is just like it should be, the veneers are securely bonded on -- and you’re ready to reveal your brand new smile.
Multiple Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
There are a number of advantages to choosing a single procedure like porcelain veneers for your smile transformation. Some of the most apparent include…
- Multiple smile issues are corrected with just one procedure.
- Dental porcelain reflects light just like the natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are highly resistant to stains.
- Minor gaps can be closed without the need for braces.
- Local anesthesia is available at each step of the treatment process.
When cared for properly, dental veneers can last for more than a decade. If an issue does develop with a veneer, its repair or replacement is usually quick and simple.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
You can have a picture-perfect smile without it costing you an arm or a leg with porcelain veneers. Although they are associated with a hefty price tag, they can be the most affordable solution to address many imperfections at once. Various factors affect the cost of veneers, but Dr. Dennis C. Ayer strives to keep a beautiful smile within everyone's budget. He'll create the personalized plan you need to reach your goals while staying within your financial means.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What's Right For Me?
There are more options than ever before to address common aesthetic imperfections, like discoloration, gaps, and chips. Each option has different costs, timelines, and lifespans. After examining your mouth and learning more about your goals, your cosmetic dentist will determine which procedures are right for you, like:
- Braces: Metal braces or clear aligners can fix bite and alignment issues, with the average treatment taking 12 to 24 months, depending on the method you choose. Your dental insurance may cover some of the expenses after meeting your annual deductible.
- Teeth Whitening: stains and discoloration can be improved by up to 8 shades using a professional whitening system. You can enjoy results that last for many months or years with a good aftercare routine, like brushing and flossing.
- Direct Bonding: Direct bonding uses a cosmetic resin that’s shaded to the color of your enamel to blend in with your tooth when used to fix minor imperfections. You can enjoy quick results using a cost-effective solution.
- Veneers: Bonding veneers to the teeth visible when smiling allows you to correct many issues at once, like stains, chips, and gaps. The minimally invasive procedure can be the most affordable option to address multiple concerns. You'll save time and money while benefiting from results that can last for a decade or longer.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
After creating a treatment plan, we will provide you with an individualized estimate. A member of our office will explain the fees and discuss your payment options, which include:
- Traditional Payments: Our office accepts all traditional payment methods, including cash, personal checks, and credit cards.
- Dental Insurance: You can use your dental insurance for medically necessary procedures. Your benefits may also cover your consultation, diagnostic imaging, and any preparatory procedures. We will work on your behalf with your dental insurance to maximize any applicable coverage to lower your out-of-pocket responsibility.
- Monthly Payments: Based on your credit approval, you can enjoy little or no interest in financing through a third-party company, like Care Credit. You can pay for the smile of your dreams using an affordable payment plan.
- Dental Membership Plan: Our office offers an in-house dental membership plan. You can benefit from reduced rates to keep a healthy, beautiful smile affordable.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you are interested in transforming the teeth that show when you smile, Dr. Ayer would love to help with porcelain veneers. Please request an appointment to explore your options in cosmetic dentistry today!