29 April 2020
Dear Patients and Friends,
Each and every one of us hopes that you and your family are in good health and doing well! As you know from our previous communication The Kansas Department of Health & Environment (KDHE) with the full endorsement of the American Dental Association (ADA) and Kansas Dental Association (KDA) mandated all Dental procedures they deemed non-essential be cancelled until midnight May 3, 2020. Unless, The KDHE and our Kansas Governor does an about face, we are excited to announce that our Practice will be open for full-service Dentistry once again on Monday May 4, 2020. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months. We are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
There have been changes, but one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), The Kansas Dental Association (KDA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean you are offered fewer options in the scheduling of your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 913-246-3000 or visit our website at www.docayer.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty. We also look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends. Our goal is to live by the “Golden Rule”. We will treat you, as we would want to be treated!
Dennis C. Ayer, DDS and Team